Let’s Get To Know Each Other
If you’re a driven, creative and entrepreneurially-minded professional, we’d love to get to know you. Please review the openings listed below and contact us if you’re interested in learning more.
All Current Openings
Submit A Business Plan
Still Have Questions?
Have an early-stage concept that you would like us to look at? The more information you provide the better, and please take advantage of the option to upload additional documents and materials. Some suggestions include: business plan, financials, and/or executive summary.
We don’t sign confidentiality agreements, but please know we will keep your information confidential.
We look at every single entry – which is great, but also takes time. We will contact you as soon as we are able. Thanks for thinking of Sandbox!
Entrepreneurs, technologists, hackers, marketers, students, and anyone else looking to chat: we’d love to meet you! Sandbox Office Hours is a chance for you to lead a conversation with us.
Have an idea you want to kick around? Looking to meet new people? Or just want to see what Sandbox is all about? Office Hours is a great way to have these casual conversations.
Office Hours are on the third Thursday of each month from 2pm – 5pm in our Chicago office.
Provide us with a brief idea of what you’re looking to get out of your office hours session and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible with a 20-30 minute potential Office Hours time slot. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Still have questions?
213 North Racine
Chicago, IL 60607
Phone: (312) 243-4100
Fax: (312) 243-4110
Cultivian Sandbox Food & Ag Fund Analyst
Cultivian Sandbox (www.cultiviansbx.com) is a venture capital firm focused on building next-generation disruptive agriculture and food technology companies capable of generating superior returns. As early-stage investors and active board members, we employ a hands-on approach to building companies and are often directly involved in setting company strategy, recruiting key executives, and raising additional capital. Much more than simply a financial resource, we are capable of delivering tremendous value though active collaboration with our strategic partners and network, which are unparalleled in the agriculture and food industries.
As both experienced operating managers and venture investors we add value to portfolio companies both through our highly skilled team and extensive industry network. Our investment team combines the domain expertise and investment experience from Cultivian Ventures and Sandbox Industries. Our expertise in sourcing, evaluating, closing, managing and ultimately exiting successful equity investments positions us not only to build stronger businesses, but reshape industries.
The team seeks an analyst to assist with industry analysis, deal due diligence, financial modeling, and portfolio and relationship management. Our fund team operates in an open, thoughtful, and collaborative way so cultural fit with the team is important. The following represents the responsibilities and required skills:
- Work with fund team to conduct deal due diligence
- Perform financial modeling and analysis
- Record all deal information for reporting and trend analysis
- Research and report on industry trends and analysis
- Help present deals to Partnership and Investment Committee
- Help manage Limited Partnership relationships
- Assist in portfolio company management
- Source deals and develop key industry relationships
- 2-4 years of financial services experience
- Food, agriculture and/or technology industry operating experience preferred
- Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Adept with financial modeling
- Know how to ask hard questions
- Good relationship building skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage several initiatives at one time
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Bachelor's required, recent MBAs with relevant experience will also be considered.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately we cannot respond to every inquiry, we will contact you if there is a fit with the open position. Thank you for your interest.
About Company and Position
Founded in 2012, Healthbox has pioneered one of the first business accelerator programs in the healthcare industry to stimulate early-stage innovation by connecting healthcare organizations, entrepreneurs and investors. Healthbox helps early-stage healthcare technology companies gain market traction and investment through a four-month program. Startups selected to participate receive seed capital, access to a mentor network of industry experts, collaborative workspace and strategic guidance.
Healthbox launched three programs in 2012 in Chicago, Boston and London along with two more in 2013 in Jacksonville and Nashville. Supported by a syndicate of healthcare investors and partners, our focus is on creating regional networks of organizations committed to supporting healthcare innovation.
We are seeking a business driven, hands-on controller to enhance Healthbox’s accounting and control environment. The controller will be an integral part of the team and advisor to the leaders within the organization. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing business, work with a dynamic and fun team and learn new skills.
- Timely and accurate financial reporting, ensuring the underlying financial data used in the preparation of all financial reports is complete, consistent, effective and meets the evolving needs of the business
- Perform fund accounting activities for captive venture funds
- Assist in preparation of investor reports
- Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting control policies to comply with GAAP
- Organize and coordinate payroll processing, human resources/benefits procedures
- Coordinate and manage tax filings across all business entities
- Provide necessary information and support to external auditors for annual audits, coordinate requests from auditors, act as a liaison and ensure all deadlines are met
- Institute and drive continuous process improvement efforts in accounting processes and procedures
- Proactively communicate with all team members to ensure consistency and best practices for accounting
- Minimum of 5-7 years work experience in accounting, both public accounting and operational accounting experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related discipline; CPA designation is preferred
- Exceptional technical accounting skills combined with a strong foundation in internal controls and financial reporting
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand the broader business goals
- Customer service attitude and excellent communication skills
- Proven project management and time management skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, especially at month-end close and year-end
- Reputation for the highest standards of integrity and ethics
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume and expression of interest.